Monday, February 7, 2011

play in white for the last time.

basketball.
pretty much my life for the past... ehhh... well since forever.

last tuesday though was probably the most emotional of all the basketball games I have ever played.
it was senior night.
my last game in that white 32 jersey.
my last game in that red and white gym that I have made so many memories in.

four years ago.
I was just a freshman.. watching brooke and dae on there senior night.
and now.. its me.
along with these girls.
kitten (the bestie). sarah. and llaaa julie(:

basketball has always been super important to me.
I love it. love love love love love it.
its like a high.
its something that for me I dont have to put pressure on myself.
I just do it.. now granted I used to put WAYYY to much pressure on myself.
but now, I do it because I love to.

I could go on and on about all the awesome experiences basketball has brought me.
but... I am sure I would bore you.
and since a picture is worth a thousand words...
here are a bunch of pictures.



at carolina. with the stealers.


goodbye and thank you coach smith.


the best friend.
bittersweet.
and some tears.


early morning shoot arounds.



cameron crazy(:

.

playing


countless camps.
sleepless nights.


regional finalists.
PUBLIC state champs(:


more tears.
the people who inspire me.


my seniors.


starters.
traditions.



I had just left with a torn acl.
but thats my team.
hall of famers(:


carlolina.
more stealers.



ohh happy day.
locker room.
kitten.


new coach.
junior year.


a little bit of team bonding.
and a whole lot of food(:


atlanta.
traveling around the country.
with some awesome girls.



a huge thanks to
 my mom and dad.
you two inspire me to be great.
and to play harder than anyone else on the court.
you are also pretty good coaches.
i love you.

coach smith.
you yelled at me more times than I count.
but thanks for believing in the new little freshman.

coach gunter.
thanks for stepping in when we needed you.
you have done a fabulous job.

coach grant.
thanks for showing me what genuinely caring about your girls is like.
you have a huge heart.
and KNOW basketball.

my teammates.
dae. brooke. paige. courtsimms. jay. lekita. reid. kristina. kels (girl you are incredible). chumps. sabra. elizabeth. hannah. leah. laurent. keri. jess. gabi. emily. ashley. brooke. julie. kitten. saraht. mill. buck. miranda. cameron. tia. laurenp. chandler. steph. kelly. olivia. sam. erin. kaitlyn. alex. farrahn. val. lauren rams. crystal. kelli. amber. shanari. jess. dd. abby. christy. marie. sammi. tuff. 

thats from fourth grade---- all the way to now.
lots of friendships.
lots of memories.

also a thanks to all the fans.
you all are the greatest.
you make this atmosphere ten times better.

and lastly I would like to thank God.
thanks for the talent.
thanks for the ability.
thanks for letting me get my priorities straight before it was too late.
thanks for enabling me to come back stronger than ever.
and thanks for letting me realize I could accomplish my goal.. and have my used to be dream.

basketball may end for me in a few weeks.
but then again... I may go on to play in college.
I have the oppurtunities to do so.. I am just waiting for God to tell me what to do.
and no matter what that may be...

I can say..
I have loved playing this game.
its a part of me that I would not change.

but for now...
I will continue to play like its the last time I will ever get to.

4 comments:

  1. Autumn, this was beautiful :)
    You're a great basketball player,and a great person in general.
    I love you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. so precious! im sure senior night was incredible for you. the feeling is overwhelming!! :) you are such an awesome girl & player! God gave you some big talent! you were a wonderful teammate. i was blessed to play along side you for the years that i did! :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you guys(:
    and it was a privilege to play with you number 14.

    ReplyDelete