Friday, July 22, 2011

blessings.

blessings.

"a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness."

have you ever sat back, looked at your life, and really considered all the blessings you have.
well this past week I did.
I spent seven days in a poor, underdeveloped, unclean country.
it is called Guyana and if you have never been there you just really can't understand.

the houses were more like what we Americans would call shacks.
animals we usually have on farms roamed the roads like nothing was the matter with it.
little kids didn't have clothes, shoes, or food.
disease is prevalent.
many of the toilets were just holes in the ground.
many of the people walked miles just to get places because they didn't have a car.

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

it is an experience you can't put into words.
well, I am sure someone can but I am not that talented of a writer.

all I know is, before I go to feeling sorry for myself, I will stop and remember that small south american country.
I will remember my family, country, and God.
and I will not let myself forget my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment