Sunday, July 3, 2011

meet freeman.

welcome to a new blog segment I will call meet someone monday.
I have been thinking and there are so many important people in my life that I would love to tell you all about.
these people can be friends, family, or people I have only talked to once, but in some way have impacted me.
so every monday I will choose one person to introduce you to.
hopefully this will last a long while....

the first person I want to introduce you to is freeman.
well coach freeman.
or mr. freeman.
but I just call him freeman.

freeman is my all time, hands down, favorite teacher.
hopefully you all had a teacher that was as passionate about teaching as he is, and if you didn't then you missed out.
now maybe it's because I love history, guitars, and accents, but I learned more in his classes than in almost any of my other ones.
he checked on me when I was going through a tough time and told me I should go get some ice cream.
he is a christian and loves God. and sets an example for all of his students.
he has a beautiful wife and three of the cutest little boys you have ever seen, and makes it evident that he loves them to death.
he is a yankees and carolina fan... yeah thats the bad side of him.
he taught me for freshman world history, ap world, and I interned in his class my last semester of high school.
everyday of his class was interesting and we were always laughing.
he cared about all his students, even the ones that you could tell drove him crazy a lot of the time.
HE MADE ME WEAR A YANKEES JERSEY AND TAKE A PICTURE... I hated him that day.
he was the first teacher I met when I moved to pmount.
he is a baseball coach and loves the game.
he teaches because he loves it... and it shows through everyday in his classroom.

I am so glad I was able to see how a person should be when they are working, granted there were days he was upset and angry at stupid kids doing stupid things... but he always cared.
I would give him an 100 as a teacher and a person.

thanks for being such a great teacher, mentor, coach, fan, friend, etc.
I'll miss you next year.
and I will see what I can do about those yankee tickets (:


No comments:

Post a Comment