Monday, August 22, 2011

goodbye pilot.

I am moving on to bigger things.

I don't really have a hometown.
I don't consider myself from anywhere because quite frankly... I am not from one particular place.
I didn't grow up in the same house.
I don't see my elementary best friend everyday.
and I don't have heaps of keepsakes because well.. things get lost when you move around as much as I have.

most people would think that you know after the third or fourth time you move it gets much easier.
but I am here to tell you I have done it eleven times and I think it just gets harder.
in a few days I will make my twelfth move.
and for the first time ever, I'm moving because I made the choice to.
I picked the school.
and when I did I knew the miles, hours, and money it would take to get me back home.
and although I am insanely excited, that old familiar moving feeling is ever so slightly there.
this time I will be leaving my family.
my mom, daddy, and brother.
and this time I will be leaving my best friends.
alex.
and christian.
and this time I will be leaving some fabulous friends I hope I always keep contact with.
sarah, blake, devin, seth, jordan, zack, etc.
you know who you are.


high school was a learning process, and I am not only talking about math science and history.
I grew up.
I realized there is more to life than basketball and any one boy.
I tried my very best to see the good in people, even when they were mean to me.
I relaxed. much to my mothers dismay.
I kept a confidence that I have been told is hard to find.
I saw just how much I needed God.

so as I move away from p mount.
the kinda place where the curvey roads speed limit is 55 but everyone could probably drive it with there eyes closed at around 70.
the place where if you want to go shopping you have to drive a good thirty minutes to get there.
the place where you wave to everybody, but if you didn't grow up there you might not get as many waves back.
the place that reminds you of how nice simple things are.

and I go to the big city.
I am happy and sad.
I am ready to see what is in store, but I will always look back at what I have left.



goodbye pilot.

hello tampa.
I am back.

1 comment:

  1. i am ready to see some tampa posts! I am so so so excited for you! :) i can't wait to plan my trip down there!

    ReplyDelete