Monday, August 1, 2011

meet mrs. cathy.

there is this lady.
she is the most wonderful piano player I know.
and she is the biggest trooper the world will ever know.

her name is cathy reynolds, but because of my five years of southern upbringing I know her as mrs. cathy.

when I lived in brandon florida she was my pastors wife.
she came to church every sunday and played the piano so beautifuly it would put you to sleep.
I soon learned why she needed help up and down the stairs to and from the pew and the piano.
she had been in a terrible car accident and it had injured her severly.
she also develped lyme disease.
doctors refuse to operate due to the fact that the problem area is too close to an artery or maybe the spinal cord.. I can't remember which it is, but nevertheless they won't opperate.
she has been sick for about sixteen years now, almost as long as I have been living.
she used to come to church every sunday but because of the sickness she isn't able to come very often.
the entire church misses her.
it's a different place without her.

I was lucky enough to see her for the first time in about four years in march at her daughters wedding.
she looked as beautiful as ever and when I saw her I cried.
she hugged me and said, "it's my sweet sweet girl, oh how I have missed you and your lovely letters."
I have missed her too.
and I plan on writing her soon.
and hopefully I will be able to visit her once I am moved back down.

she is such a precious lady and I am thankful for all her prayers.


if I have learned anything from her it is that there is hope.
thats our song.
it's how we end each letter we write to each other.
I can't wait to see her again.
and she is always in my prayers.
I would appreciate if you would put her in yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment