Thursday, October 10, 2013

the honeymoon.

We debated and debated about where we wanted to go on our honeymoon.
-Cruise
-California
-Travel up north to Boston/New York

After a lot of serious thinking we did..... none of these.

As most of you know J and I have a very extensive travel the world list. Unfortunately most of these cost a lot of money. So we decided to go on an almost free honeymoon. We also didn't want to go anywhere and have to do anything. I knew I would be exhausted from wedding craziness and was I right!

As a gift we were given 2 nights at the Greenbrier and it was all inclusive.

Back story: I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO STAY AT THE GREENBRIER.

So needless to say I was thrilled.

Then we went to Florida and stayed at the always relaxing family beach house.

And then we went to Key Largo, where we took the plunge and went scuba diving.

Honestly I was so scared that morning I was secretly wishing the storm they were calling for would cancel our dive. But as soon as I jumped in the water I was hooked. (pun intended)

We saw hundreds of fish, barracuda, and a shark. Yes, a shark. I wanted to go hug the big guy. It was a dream come true on my very first trip diving.

We spent a few more days in Daytona and then made the trek back to North Carolina.

It really was the perfect week. We had a lot of relaxing with a little bit of adventure, and although I am usually an adventure junkie I was thankful for the break.

































































































1 comment:

  1. Well, if that isn't the prettiest hotel there ever was. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete