Wednesday, May 4, 2011

help.

for those of you who do not know my family and I work with missions.
which makes us missionaries.
even though we aren't in some foreign country.
missionaries none the less.
and well, I wouldnt want it to be any other way.

my dad works with a ministry called HELP ministries.
H-help
E-evangelize
L-lost
P-people
lost as in those who have never heard about the God that loves them more than they can even imagine.
this ministry is so unique.
it is not American missionaries going out to other countries (which is a great thing) but rather national pastors preaching in their respective countries.

it all started in 1994 when Scotty Drake was in Mexico with a still going missionary named Humberto Gomez.
they traveled into the mountains and showed Bro. Scotty the churches they were planting in these Indian tribes.
this group of Mexican men were reaching people that Americans just couldnt reach...
there was no language barrier. no cultural difference. nothing to stand in the way of them telling people who had never heard the gospel.
and Bro. Scotty knew that this was what it would take to reach the world.
they brought the men to the states and took them church to church having mission conferences and raising support so the men could reach even more people.
well of course the churches here loved the men, because you just cant help but love them.
and they began supporting. and then they told other churches. and then they wanted men to come.

and then....
Bro. Scotty went to the Phillipines and brought men from there.
and now it has spread to over 65 countries all around the world.
with thousands of churches from America involved.

and God has given me the privilege to be a part of all of this.
twice a year a group of about eight missionaries come to the US to raise support.
they travel all around and ask for help to reach their people.
they are so burdened for their people and you can see the love in their eyes.

this group of missionaries have been here for about four months now and they go home tomorrow.
during their stay they have spent a lot of time at my house eating, sleeping, and well singing.
and all this week we have had mission conferences around the area I live so my family have gone and helped them present their ministry.
tonight when I said goodbye to them.
I cried like a little baby.

I love them very much.
and I am asking you to pray for them.
the more prayer they have around them the better.

Ill introduce you to them in a post I am working on.
so be prepared. (:

ps. hopefuly going on a few missions trips this year.
so pray that I can get the money to go to India and Guyana.


here is a little video for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment