Wednesday, January 18, 2012

keep calm, and eat a burrito.

for those of you who don't know her, her name is Anna Morris.
also known as my best friend.


when I went to Tampa I was honestly expecting not to gain a new best friend.
I had a few great ones already and just never imagined I would be blessed with another.
I was incredibly 100% wrong.

she was a random roommate.
and I was in south america when the selections were posted.
I went to a little internet cafe in south america and found that I was friends with an anna morris and that I had been chatting with her... although I had not been, another best friend of mine, alex, had been.
so I introduced myself to her and began my stalking.
at first glance I knew she was not the psycho killer type, she had a very normal looking family, and she obviously could sing due to the countless musical pictures she had on her profile.
and let me tell you she can singggg.

so we got to know each other, which more or less meant we got to know ourselves... being that we are almost the same person when it comes to likes and dislikes.
I liked her, she liked me.
she bought me a tinker bell cup and brought a 500 days of summer poster to school and I knew she was a keeper.

the first few weeks we really got to know each other and really started to open up... considering we didn't know many people it was nice to have someone to turn to when you really missed home.
then she auditioned for the first semester musical.... The Wild Party. I dressed her in some of my "lucky" clothes and she went and sang for a minor role.
she got a call back for that role and another part, which she got, which was the lead... and let's be honest, I was more excited than she was.

and so it began, the never ending rehearsals and always in my head wild party soundtrack.
and then something else began...
his name is Brandon Shea.

they met in auditions and were both lead roles, and lead roles that had to act like they were in love... the acting didn't last long.
I encouraged this relationship while anna was unsure of what to do... it was nice being there for someone when I felt so far from home.
and then it got to the point where I no longer had to encourage.
they were inseparable.. and they had the cutest relationship, and when I say they I mean us.
I "third wheel" like a champ.
so I got to know the incredibly talented, hilarious, lovable brandon shea.
and let me just say I approve.

so the three of us were inseparable. and ate burritos every day.
they would then go to rehearsals and I would wait for them bored out of my mind,
sometimes I would pass the time by doing homework... until I discovered miss chelsea didn't have anything to do during this time either...
but anyways. this lasted for a couple months and then for about two weeks before the show they both kinda dissapeared from my life.. except for when I took them food to the theatre.
but I kept anna sane and tried to remind her that she is extremely talented...
I surprised her, took her to starbucks, read lines with her,  and broadcasted the show to everyone on campus.
essentially I was her understudy.

the night of the show... we can just say I was blown away by both of them.
after attending every show and getting to know the cast I could tell why anna was so passionate about it.
I have never been so proud of a friend as I was of her that weekend.

so the show was over and I got her back between the hours of 7 and 12. it was nice.
and then I discovered I was transferring and my first thought was that I would lose her.
I cried, she cried, I don't think brandon ever cried but he wanted to... I just know it.
then I realized that there is no way I would ever lose a friend like that.

she was there for me when I couldn't talk to anyone else and I forever thank her for that.
I spent my last weekend in florida with her at her house, and that sunday I left I cried for a solid hour driving.
and honestly, writing this right now is making me cry.
I can't tell you why and I don't know how to explain in but in a matter of months our friendship turned into something that doesn't happen often. I would trust her with anything and I am blessed to have a friend like her.

so here is to all the disney singing,
late night car rides screaming out the window (while harmonizing),
huge daily burritos,
eating way to many sour patch kids,
taking way too many pictures,
pinning ya agains,
going to sketchy go cart places (remember that???),
learning the juggernaut,
starbucks coffees,
#madeuphastags (#hojolovin),
wishing I had an iphone,
peppermint... so much peppermint,
surprises that you hate and I love,
brandon shea sharing,
knowing what the other is thinking,
and so on and so forth.

here is to us,








































and our "random roommate" friendship.
thank you University of Tampa reslife... I owe you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment