Thursday, January 12, 2012

here in the power of Christ I'll stand.



as I stated in one of my previous posts... life never goes as you plan it.
I can't tell you how many times I have thought something would work out one way, and then it turned out differently.
I think it's because when we are Christ's He doesn't want us to have it all planned out, because then we would not be willing or ready to do whatever it was that He had for us.

since I was able to understand who God was I have been told that I should seek God's will and do what He wants me to do. I always expected this to be some huge deal that came to me in some miraculous way.

lately I have realized that that is not it at all. God speaks in a still small voice and He gives you one step at a time, not your entire life planned out. now you may think that God wants you to do something for the rest of your life which may very well be true but at any moment that "plan" can change.

God is not here to mess with us, He is not going to leave doubt when He tells you what He wants for your life. and He is not going to leave you alone to do it. but before you can ever know the big things, you must be doing the small things.

I have seemed to overlook this step, but honestly it's so simple. of course you have to have a personal deep relationship with Him before He can show you exactly what you are meant to do... how else would He be able to tell you.

I have been so discouraged lately wondering if I will ever figure it out, but after talking to my dad tonight I realized that God's will for me right now is to draw closer to Him, and let's be honest that is going to take some work.

I want to do huge things for God, but first I am going to have to do something small.

No comments:

Post a Comment