Thursday, September 6, 2012

how to save money 101.

I would consider myself fairly frugal.
and I have big dreams for places I want to go and things I want to do.
Josh and I share a dream.... going to Australia.
so we are going to go to Australia.
and while we are there we will:
1. scuba dive the great barrier reef.
2. go out in the outback mate.
and so on.

how much does this all cost you may ask..
approximately $6,000.

so that brings me to saving money 101.
1. any change you get NO MATTER WHAT put it in a jar and save it. NO MATTER WHAT.
2. open up a savings account for that one particular thing you are saving for.
3. budget your monthly paycheck and any extra budget money put in savings.
4. in your budget plan to put a certain amount in your Australia fund.
5. any time you find something in a store you want to buy but end up putting it back, put that money in the account. (this is for things you see you want not need)

now I am not promising this plan is fool proof.
I have no idea, but it seems to be working so far.
so if you trust me and you have your own Australia...
try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment