Wednesday, June 29, 2011

give a quick unexpected thank you. and get some answers.

today I had supper with this really awesome girl. 
really really incredible.
her names courtney simmons. 
but we will call her court.

she did a HUGE favor for me and took some pictures of me and three of my best friends for part of their graduation gifts. 
and I am forever thankful for that.
she did one fantastic job.

but of course she refused to tell me what I needed to pay her for her service, so I bought her a thank you/ house warming gift. (she is moving into her raleigh home in a little over a month)
I had no idea what I was going to get her until I saw it...
I was in an antique shop one day just wasting time when I saw it.
and antique coffee cup with the cutest little mustache thing built in.
it was very her.
so I got it.
and I think she liked it!!!

we went to soppers and both had some delicious pasta. 
and we just talked and talked about all our future plans.
it was so nice to just be able to be excited about everything that is happening so quickly. 
today I was able to just sit down and tell someone all about the crazy things happening in my life right now.

so side note. I have really been struggling on deciding about what I am going to do career wise..
and I had it narrowed down to two things.
medicine and something with communications and journalism.
and I have been praying that God would help me first of all know his will, and secondly spark a little bit of a fire in me for whatever it is I am going to do.

well court is majoring in biology and is studying to become a physicians assistant. 
and hearing her talked about it just made me realize how much I really wanted that. 
and how I know that there are endless possibilities for me with a career in the medical field.
when she talked about it you just knew that that was what she was meant to do...
and now that's all I can think about.
so tomorrow I am planning on calling tampa and talk to them about what I should major in with the pre-med emphasis. 
God works in mysterious ways... and even when its in a tiny restaurant in the middle of pmount talking to a friend that I don't get to see very often, you just know when He is offering the smallest bit of guidance.

so thank you court simms. 
thanks for taking the pictures.
thanks for having supper with me.
and thanks for the support you didn't even know you were providing.
this wouldn't be the first time you helped me make a major decision (:

I love you.
I can't wait to visit your raleigh home.
and I can't wait for you to visit my tampa home, and for us to make our way to naples (:



No comments:

Post a Comment