Thursday, December 9, 2010

explain the title.

so before I get to far into telling all about my life I figured it would be a good idea to explain why I named my blog today you.
so here it goes.
first I am going to have to tell you that my favorite movie is (500) days of summer.


and
my best friend aly and I are obsessed with greeting cards.
alll kinds of greeting cards(:


thats aly in target. (our favorite shopping spot)
looking at greeting cards.
but anyways back to my explanation.

in (500) days of summer Tom (the main character) is a greeting card writer.
and in the movie Summer meets Tom at the office they both work at...
and one of the cards that he wrote is 

"Today you become a man...

mazel tov on your bar mitzvah."


well for whatever reason aly and I thought this to be one of the greatest cards ever...
along with another one from the movie that says.

"everyday you make me proud..
today you get a card"

so inspired by this card writing genius aly and I decided to write our own "today you" cards.
for example:

while we were discussing baby names...

"today you become in need of some serious pain killers..
mazel tov on your new baby."

and when school wasnt going so well....

"today you become a failure at US history...
mazel tov on having a life."

and when we were watching reality television..


"today you are beautiful..
mazel tov on your plastic surgery."


so as you can see we have a lot of spare time on our hands...
and we use it so so well.
but there it is.
the reason my blog is called today you.
thank you (500) days of summer and aly.

and by the way... just in case you didnt know
mazel tov means congratulations.

4 comments:

  1. umm ms.fall--
    may i inform you that we still have not watched
    this movie together!
    so that needs to go on the
    needs to do list.
    well more like the..
    REALLY needs to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't seen all of it. but i am definitely going to now! :) i loved the name when i first heard it, now i know the meaning which makes it that much sweeter!! :) love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh my word courtney you have to watch it.
    its very unpredictable which is what I love because I alwayssss predict movies and I hate it because it spoils it.
    but this one got me.
    sarah... me you. and the other two of the four.
    massive get together christmas break.
    (:
    love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. today you become in need of painkillers.
    mazel tov on your new baby.

    today you become a fortune telling meatball.
    mazel tov on saying no.

    today you become hit on by _____ ______.
    mazel tov on joining the club. (lol)

    today you laughed at something not funny.
    mazel tov on being a real man.

    ReplyDelete