Thursday, December 16, 2010

sing it a little differently.

so the other morning on my way to school
I was jamming out to some k-love.
for those of you who dont know k-love is a fantastic christian radio station that I listen to all the time.
but anyways..
I love talk radio, so in the mornings I always listen to lisa and eric.
well this morning they were talking about how for the first time since 1992 brett farve hadnt started in a football game.....
yes you read correctly 1992.
I was in shock.
I had no idea.
so because of this they were having listeners call in and tell what has happened in their lives since 1992.

for me 1992 was the year I was born... so everything that has happened to me has happened to me since then... but this story is not about me.

so a caller from somewhere out west called in and told her story.
lets just say her name was megan.
megan started out by saying that in these past 18 years she had gotten married. had kids. had a divorce. remarried. had more kids. and her parents had died.
I thought to myself wow. and I also wondered why she had called in??? but I continued to listen.

she then went on to tell about how her prayer warrior of a sister kept inviting her to church and told her about Jesus and all the wonderful things He had done for her. she then said that about three years ago (because of her sisters persistance) she trusted Christ as her savior.
after that megan began to try and develop a closer relationship with Christ.
one way that her sister tried to push this along was christian radio..

her sister loved to sing... especially the song amazing grace.
she sang it ALLLL the time. but she sang it a little differently then everyone else.
she had no real reason. she just sang it differently.

she told her about k-love and how awesome it was but for whatever reason megan never really listened to it.

around a year ago her sister died.
megan was devestated.. and didnt understand why.
she wanted to blame God. and began to until one day....

she turned on her radio.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mNT0axB9U

this is the song she heard.
amazing grace.
but not exactly how everyone knows it.

she just smiled. and her radio station hasnt changed since.

so then they played the song.
I cried the whole rest of the way to school.
thank God my chains are gone and I've been set free.

6 comments:

  1. first off my radio doesnt change from KLOVE.
    im obsessed.
    (but i have to confess i got the glee christmas cd and so ive been listening to that for the past week)

    and ways i love when people call in like megan it makes me feel 10xs closer to God everytime i hear these stories on KLOVE.
    the other day a little boy called in and talked for 20 straight minutes giving his testimony. I cried also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. suchhh an encouraging post! God is sooo good. If this doesn't encourage everyone to get out and pursue others & share the good news.. I have no idea what else could. :) Thanks for sharing!! You're awesome. love you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah---
    i heard a little boy call in the other day too.
    may not have been the same one but he made me cry.

    courtney---
    God is sooo good.
    and I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will most definitly miss
    KLOVE next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love klove! listen to it every day(:
    and this story is amazing, just another story of God's amazing work(:
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. K-LOVE pretty much kicks butt. butt i cant listen to it in the mornings b/c i always cry and that makes my eyes puffy. but anyway this is amazingg!!! thank you verry much for telling it. if this is what im missing in the mornings then maybe i should just get passed the puffy eyes
    iloveyou

    ReplyDelete